Varicose veins are the tip of the iceberg when it comes to vein problems. They are unsightly and painful, but there are always more of them under the surface you cannot see but which are visible with an ultrasound. For this reason it is usually necessary to treat both the visible bulging veins as well as the abnormal veins under the skin. This allows complete treatment of all sources of vein symptoms and also serves to prevent those abnormal veins from getting worse over time.
Microphlebectomy (Removal of bulging veins)
- The leg is numbed up and tiny incisions are made
- The bulging and unsightly veins are removed
- Resume normal activities the next morning
- At 4 weeks, visible veins and incisions are gone
- Patients are ecstatic with results
Sclerotherapy (Injection treatments of veins)
- Surface veins are treated with direct visualization
- Veins under the surface are treated with ultrasound
- The ultrasound guides the injections
- Treatments begin with numbing spray for comfort
- The abnormal vein is injected with medicine
- The medicine closes the vein off
- Circulation reroutes immediately to normal veins nearby
- Resume normal activities immediately
- Veins fade over weeks to months after treatment
Endovenous Laser Ablation
Closing down the abnormal vein speeds up and improves the circulation and relieves leg and feet symptoms. Most people do not know that the abnormal stagnant vein circulation also causes inflammation to build and effects your entire body by causing low energy and stamina. After eliminating the stagnant circulation, inflammation from your veins is reduced and people get more energy and stamina – they feel healthier. What surprises many people is that the vein abnormality also interferes with sleep so people do not feel rested. After treatments, sleep quality improves for most patients and they feel and look healthier as a result. Most patients feel that treatments have improved their overall health.
- Office treatment, no surgery or incisions!
- Resolve leg and foot symptoms
- Sleep improves, feel more rested
- Look and feel healthier
- Eliminate vein inflammation and tenderness from your legs
- Experience more energy and stamina
- Resume activities you have been skipping
- Start an exercise or walking program
- Increase your activity and lose weight
Missouri Vein Care
Vein Treatment Patient Photos
Our varicose vein treatment patients experience results that can have a profound effect on their health and quality of life. Additionally, varicose vein treatments produce visible improvements which can boost self-confidence. View actual Missouri Vein Care patient photos and see for yourself the difference vein treatments can make.